So. As I’m sure you are all aware, there are times when
being a mom stresses the hell out of me. Most of those times, I find it helps
to rant via this blog. I don’t really care if anyone reads it (lies, yes I do.)
and I don’t really care what is thought of it. This is mostly for ME. To help
me vent and de stress and just get it OUT. It’s therapeutic really. And since I
can’t afford a shrink, you all get to suffer along with me. But at least it’s
funny...
Well, surprise surprise, Today is NOT one of those days!
The morning started out hectic enough, but this time, it was
ALL on me. I was having a marvelous dream involving Iron man and wolverine, and
did NOT want to wake up. Yes, even my dreams are nerdy.
I finally crawled out of bed at almost 7 AM, a half hour
behind schedule. When I realized how late I had slept, I immediately went into panic mode.
I ran down the hallway to wake Jordan up, expecting our normal WWIII battle to get her OUT OF BED, and she woke up like a little
ANGEL. Got dressed RIGHT away, and even OFFERED to feed the animals while I got
ready. (yes, I did make sure she was feeling ok, and still MY child...)
I was back in my bedroom, in the middle of doing my hair when I realized I hadn’t
heard from her in about 10 minutes, which is NEVER a good thing.
So I storm out of the room, ready to whoop some ass, and
find her in the kitchen, finishing packing her own lunch. She included a LOT of
chips, but other than that she did a pretty good job! (she DIDNT try to take a can of miller light this time...)
So I went back upstairs to finish doing my hair/makeup/finding
some damn clothes that match and don't make me look like a homeless old person...
I had finally found a shirt that made me look 'less fat than a hippo' and in she walks, with a bagel in her
hand. Complete with cream cheese and a glass of milk.
“I made you breakfast mommy!” she happily informed me,
hopping on my bed.
I almost cried. No lie. It was probably directly related to
the fact that I was stressing out majorly and trying to get ready in time, but
nonetheless, I almost cried.
We finished up our last minute toilette and were out the
door, all by 7:28.
We proceeded our half hour drive to Fayetteville as we
normally do. We chatted about the day before, and what she was going to do at
the Y (it’s swimming day!) and she tattled on some kids, as normal.
WHAT WASN’T NORMAL was the amount of whining and complaining
she DIDN’T do. She was in a great mood, and funny as hell.
We jammed out to some journey, and some katy perry. (my daughter has excellent music taste...)
We were almost at the Y and we passed a guy riding a bike.
A little bit later, we came up on Cliffdale and traffic was stopped when he rode past us.
“Hey!” Jordan says “Didn’t we just pass him?”
“Yep.” I tell her “but traffic is stopped, so he’s going
faster than we are”
We start to crawl along and soon are right next to him...
“He’s going really fast. I wish I could ride my bike that
fast! But he’s riding his bike in the
ROAD. I bet his mom is gunna be maaaaaaad at him!”
The guy was like 30-35…
“Well J, he’s an adult, and he has a helmet on and is being
very careful, so its ok.”
Jordan “So someday, can I ride my bike in the road?”
Me “no.”
We continue to ride by the biker and eventually end up
passing him.
“MOM! He’s HANDSOME!!!!”
Me (laughing): “Oh yeah J?”
“YEAH. He’s a CUTIE PATOOTIE! Isn’t he cute mom?” I can’t
really see him, but from what I CAN see he doesn’t look UGLY.
“Sure J” I tell her, not paying as much attention as I should. traffic SUCKS and i'm trying not to rear end the MORON in front of me....
She then starts waving at the guy on the bike.
She then starts waving at the guy on the bike.
There is a line for a stop sign and he is now right next to us.
I hear the window go down in the backseat. Before I know it, Jordan is half out the window talking to this, as I can now tell, HOT guy on a bike
I hear the window go down in the backseat. Before I know it, Jordan is half out the window talking to this, as I can now tell, HOT guy on a bike
“HI! Why are you riding your bike? Don’t you have a car? I
told my mom you shouldn’t be riding in the road. I told her you were handsome
and she thinks so too!”
The poor bicyclist is at a loss for words, and I’m trying to
get Jordan BACK in the car so I can roll the window up. I’m not having ANY
luck. I seriously contemplate rolling it up ON her...
“Did you bring any water? Here, you can have my Gatorade! I
have an extra juice box” She hands him her Gatorade out the window. He smiles
at her and thanks her, and puts it in his bottle holder.
THANKFULLY by this point the light is green, and we can go. I FLOOR it, jolting Jordan back into her seat, and simultaneously put the window UP.
“BYE!!!!!” Jordan yells, and waves like a crazy person. He waves back.
He is going the same way as us, and Jordan is now watching him in the rearview
window. He turns off the main road and…
“MOM! THAT’S HIS HOUSE! WE KNOW WHERE HE LIVES! WE CAN GO TO
HIS HOUSE!!”
I’m cracking up by this point. And also slightly worried about
my daughter’s stalker tendencies…
We are almost to the YMCA, and Jordan asks me one more
question:
“MOM! Are you going to tell PETE about the guy on the bike?”
Me :” uhm, sure… why not?”
Jordan: “Because Pete is gunna be
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad you said he was handsome! Ohhh you’re going to
get in TROUBLE!”
At this point, all I can do is laugh as we pull into the
parking lot. Jordan is grinning like a Cheshire cat as we walk inside. I kiss
her quick in the hall, so none of her friends can see, and sign her in. She’s
off to play with her friends, and has totally forgotten about me.
And I feel a little pang in my heart about being forgotten
so quickly, when we were having so much fun.
I’m halfway up the stairs when I get tackled from behind in
a HUGE all-encompassing hug. It’s Jordan.
“I love you mommy” she tells me, before she turns to run
back to her friends.
And at that point, I do cry.
I cry because I love this little girl SO much. I cry because
I wish every morning could be like this. I cry because I feel bad it isn’t, and
I cry because she is growing up so fast and there’s nothing I can do about it.
Except enjoy the moments like this. The perfect moments that
only come every once in a while, but make EVERYTHING worth it. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment