Just Crazy About...

  • Converses
  • Pop-tarts
  • Harrison Ford
  • Reading
  • Pinterest
  • Classic Rock
  • Star Wars
  • My very patient BF
  • Wine. Lots of Wine.
  • Pumpkin Spice ANYTHING

Friday, November 7, 2014

And this is why Jordans teacher hates me...


So. I’ve been having some issues with Jordans teacher lately.

Ok, let me try to be brief while I explain what led up to this…

Jordan sucks at bringing her homework home. Totally sucks at it. Her teacher sends two sheets home, and that’s the homework for the entire week.

Why don’t I just keep it at home? You ask…

Because if she doesn’t have it to work on in after care she gets yelled at. And so do I (true story).

So her benchmarks were coming up and I hadn’t seen homework at all for her. I wanted to help her so she would do well, and wanted to make sure she was doing the homework correctly because the quizzes I kept getting home at the end of the week were HORRIBLE. Like… 15 out of 20 wrong. So we would go over them, and she would act like she understood, and then I had to sign and return her quiz.

And then the next week I wouldn’t see any homework.

By the time I got to school to pick Jordan up her class was locked and her teacher had gone for the day.

 

So I sent a note to school asking if we could keep her quizzes to study with.

No reply

I sent a note home in her assignment notebook requesting the teacher assist Jordan with remembering her homework

No reply

I sent another note to school asking for her homework, and if there were any extra study pages we could get for math

No reply

I sent another note ON her quiz asking if we could keep it

Nada.

I sent two more notes, one in her binder and another on her assignment notebook.

Not.a.damn.thing.

This was all over the course of about 2-3 weeks leading up to her benchmarks.

I did what I could at home, but when it asked for two differences between an octagon and a square, I wasn’t sure what answers they wanted aside from “they have a different number of sides”, which is what J put, and got WRONG.

 

So benchmarks came and went and im pretty sure Jordan did pretty shitty on them. Im useless at helping her, and I know she was confused over piddly stupid crap.

(please see the blog about chicken math for more details on my uselessness)

BUT I WAS TRYING.

Anyway. I digress.

So this last Monday night I notice jordans homework isn’t in her binder and… im sad to say… I LOST IT.

I was stressed at work, stressed with pete and stressed with the situation and I BLEW UP.

(I will say, I think I was a LOT nicer than I generally tend to be)

The following is the conversation that occurred via ClassDojo when I messaged her teacher, when once again, I sent a note regarding her conference time and it was ignored:

 

 

Good morning, I returned Jordans conference sheet on Monday, and it is still in her binder. if you could please take it out and notate the times that I have selected I would appreciate it. also she is having trouble bringing her homework home, by the time I get to school to pick her up your class is locked. if you could please assist her and making sure that she has her homework every day, we will be able to make sure that it is completed.

Delivered

Also, I have sent several notes to school asking for further assistance for her in math. or if I can keep some of the worksheets that I am supposed to sign to help her myself. No one has replied to any of these notes. I am a little bit upset that this has not been addressed, I know the benchmarks have passed and I am sure she did not do very well. if you could please take a moment to address this, I would appreciate it .

 

 

 

If you know me at all, you know this was VERY good …for me….I was really good, very to the point, but not overly rude etc…

 

The reply….

 

Good morning! We are working really hard on being independent and responsible in first grade. I ask the kids each morning to bring me any notes they have. I will make sure today that she brings it to me today. Homework should remain in her binder or at home until Friday, which is when I collect it. I don't know how homework works in after school care; if she is doing it there or losing it there. I would definitely check with them as well. I did receive one note from you on one of her math tests when she returned her progress report folder Monday. I passed the note along to her math teacher Miss Baver, and am awaiting a response from her. If you sent any other notes, I have not received them. Anything that you are asked to sign, is one of their assessments and gets filed in their date notebooks. I am sure that Miss Baver will be more than happy to send you extra work. Thanks so much for your continued support at home!

 

 

So… you got a note three weeks ago and still nothing has been done? A little late… don’t you think? As I wanted to help her BEFORE the damn test…

 

And that’s great that you teach responsibility… however, as I am sure she isn’t going to get a grade on that, and she DOES on math… maybe we can chalk it up to jordans SIX and not very responsible, and assist her? Hmmm? Maybe? Dick.

 

Anyway, I didn’t reply, as much as I realllllllly wanted to.

 

So. I pick Jordan up from school, and shes really quiet. I asked her how her day went and she told me she HATED ms Williams. I was a bit concerned, because usually J really likes her teacher. I asked her why she was upset and found out that her teacher had been a complete bitch to her alllll day, including yelling at her after class.

 

Now, I know my child and I know she can exaggerate, so I take everything she says with a SPOONFUL of salt. But her attitude suggested there was at least some truth to what she said.

 

I checked out her points for the day, and she had lost FIVE. She NEVER looses FIVE in an ENTIRE WEEK, let alone a day! And they were ALL around 10AM when… you guessed it, I sent her teacher that message. Jordan then told me she had gotten yelled at because of the message I sent her teacher. (Jordan didn’t know ahead of time that I had sent the messages. I hadn’t told her… which leaves… you guessed it…. )

 

So now, mama bear is PISSED.

 

 


 

Then I get this the next day:

 

If you are unsure of your conference time next week or did not receive your conformation, please let us know ASAP! We have all conferences scheduled and can't wait to talk with all of you!

 

I didn't get anything about jordans conference time, I checked her folder last night. Thank you

Delivered

She left the paper in the classroom yesterday afternoon. I put it in her hands at dismissal and told her to put it in her bookbag. Your conference is Thursday 11-13 at 4:45

 (id like to point out she has book bag as one word...)
 

Thank you very much.

Delivered

Also, Jordan mentioned to me that you were very unhappy with her yesterday. I am assuming because of the messages I sent you. I would like to take a minute to try to resolve this, as it appears she had her worst day to date yesterday, and I am sure you were not taking out your anger/irritation towards me at her.

 

**Read between the lines… stop being a bitch to my kid because I called you out.**


I do agree with you that Jordan needs to be responsible for her own work, bringing it home etc. However, as she has proven that she has issues with this, I did not feel it would be too much to ask that you assist her with remembering, while she works on getting better at it.

As for the ‘math’ issue, this is very personal for me. I am HORRIBLE at math. I always have been. I HATE it and I do not want Jordan to feel the same. I have a very difficult time even explaining her homework to her. I get it, I just don’t get how to make HER understand it.

With her benchmarks coming up, and it clear that she had zero clues about most of the math work, I wanted to make sure that she was as prepared as she could be, and wouldn’t score poorly on it because of simple misunderstandings.
I sent two notes on her homework, notes on her quiz’s and notes in her assignment binder, asking for her homework so I could make sure she understood, and asking for anything that would help explain what she needed to know.
I did not receive any type of reply. From anyone.


I am not going to blame you because Jordan doesn’t understand her homework, or because she cant remember to bring things home. But when I make the effort to try to assist her at home, and it is ignored, then I get very frustrated.


And of course, now her benchmarks have come and gone and I can only shudder to think at how they went for Jordan. Because she didn’t understand her homework, when she brought it home. And I couldn’t help her with it because she kept forgetting, and my efforts to remind her were not working, nor were my efforts to reach out to you.

I apologize if I was abrasive towards you yesterday. I can not even pretend I could do your job. I like my kid. The end. Unless you are a close friend, I don’t even want to deal with your kids. Or Jordan’s friends! Kudos to you! She loves class (aside from yesterday) and has learned so much this year!


You are appreciated, and I do not want you to think that I am just some crazy b***h.

I would just request that in the future, if I send communications to school that I receive a reply/acknowledgement, in an effort to assist Jordan with her education.


Thank you,

Casey Noe

 

 

Delivered

I mean, I thought I was very clear, concise and to the point. Maybe a bit blunt… but don’t be a bitch to my kid when YOU fucked up.

 

Reply From her teacher:

 

Yes next Thursday the 13th :)


Jordan was upset yesterday afternoon because she did not earn the 10 points needed for Ipad free time. As a consequence to her behavior, she had to read at her desk instead of playing on the Ipad. It had absolutely nothing to do with your messages, and everything to do with her behavior yesterday. We will address some of the issues we are having with her at our conference.




**So It’s a COINCIDENCE that her WORST day to date coincides with the day I call you out? I call BS. And WHY THE FUCK are you using reading as a punishment? No wonder she never wants to read! GRRRRRR… YES WE WILL HAVE SOME THING TO DISCUSS AT CONFRENCES. **

 


I apologize that I did not receive your notes. For future reference, if you have a concern, please email me or message me on here. They are both instantaneous and I can respond immediately.

We will talk about Math Thursday at Jordan's conference. Miss Baver will also have extra work for you then. You can also message her when you have questions about the math.

Thank you so much for all you are doing at home! I really appreciate it! :) I know that we can work together to ensure Jordan is reaching her full potential. :)

 

 

Oh wow thanks for having extra work for her AFTER her test. Morons. And WTF you cant reply to a damn note?

Jordan may be a pain, and she may be a shit at home, but I have NEVER had an issue with her behavior at school. NEVER. She talks a lot, but that’s IT. Not in Pre-K, not in Kindergarten… nada. Weird that her behavior is suddenly bad when you’re mad at me…

 

I’m making Pete go to conferences with me so I don’t kill anybody. Poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment